- WHY INVEST IN MOTION PICTURES (below in this post)
- WHAT INVESTORS CAN DO TO MINIMIZE RISK.
- WHAT COMPANIES CAN DO TO ENABLE SUCCESS
I've been involved in the motion picture industry now for more than 40 years. I've invested a lot of money and most of my working hours. The whole process has never failed to enthrall me. Is it the movie stars I occasionally meet and work with? No. But rather the hundreds of other super creative people that surround the stars and make the movies work. And each one of those individuals possesses a passion and craft that gives reason for investing in the projects they create.
Typically, people invest in movies because:
- They love being part of a creative team that bring meaningful stories to life.
- Everything in motion picture production is an entrepreneurial start-up, which offers a challenging mix of creativity, innovation, marketing, human resources, and money.
- Saying yes to a high-risk investment is hard, but there’s the possibility of a high reward.
- Unlike most entrepreneurial efforts, with motion picture production there is no long-term overhead. The human resource and brick and mortar expenses last only a few months. You bring a highly creative team together to make something out of nothing and then everyone leaves. But what is built and left behind can generate earnings for years through multiple revenue channels around the world.
- Movies represent the epitome of the creative arts; they involve the very best of every type of artistic endeavor, and often generate innovation in the process.
- Creating motion pictures is the ultimate test of teamwork, especially because it requires the collaboration of highly diverse creative minds from every discipline in the work force.
- Movies are the ultimate story tool that affects values and culture. If you want to change the world moves are a good place to start.
- No other investment opportunity allows a person to be a player in a highly creative enterprise.
See the next articles: